Calling All PTQG Members!
All blocks will be made for the Quilts of Valor Foundation
It is my wish that every member will make at least ONE quilt block to go towards a quilt of comfort for those who fought for our freedom
How do you play? It’s so simple!
1. You can enter either as a chapter or as an individual.
2. We are looking for 12 ½” unfinished quilt blocks made with ¼” seam allowance. These can be made in any technique, but remember most of these blocks made into quilts will probably get a lot of use.
3. Use only patriotic fabrics/prints in red, white and blue.
4. Please do NOT use flannel, glitter, homespun or muslin fabrics for the blocks and always, please use good quality 100% cotton fabric with no embellishments. Any blocks made by not following the challenge guidelines will NOT be counted in the contest and will not be returned.
5. Each block submitted will need to have your name, chapter and phone number pinned on each block (mailing address labels are fine). You will still need to do this for those sending in as a chapter for the favorite block drawing. For those sending in as a chapter, I will need the chapter name and contact.
6. The blocks must be in my hands no later than Saturday, November 10, 2018.
So, what in it for you and/or your chapter?
Better Prizes for 2018!
For each block mailed into me, you or your chapter will get one ticket into the drawing. If your name is drawn as an individual, you will win the prize. If you send in your blocks as a chapter, your chapter will win the prize (except for my favorite block drawing). Please specify when submitting your blocks if you are sending them as an individual or as a chapter.
What’s the prize? Well, how about $75.00 cash? You or your chapter could use it towards fabric or batting or maybe just a great pizza party!
There will also be a $50.00 cash prize for the most quilt blocks sent in by a chapter or an individual.
And if that’s not enough, there will be a special individual drawing for my favorite quilt block. The prize will be a $15.00 Joann or Hobby Lobby gift card.
>Note: The prizes are from my own person funds, not Area 3 or PTQG<
Chapter block tallies and photos of blocks will be posted on the Area 3 blog http://kc1930.blogspot.com/ so you can see how you are keeping up with the competition. It would be great to see some “friendly” competition between chapters! I will so be posting links to easy 12 1/2" unfinished blocks for inspiration.
My mailing address is: Kathleen Currier, 56 Harold St., Lewiston, ME 04240
Do you have any questions? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now, let’s get to work!