Area 3 Chapters

Area 3 Chapters in the beautiful state of Maine:


*Bog Hoot Quilters-Mechanic Falls area
*Chickadee Quilters-Bridgton Area
*Classic Quilters of Lewiston-Auburn Area
*Country Aire Quilters-Turner Area
*Country Square Quilters-North Jay/Wilton Area
*Cross Country Quilters-Bethel Area
*Grammy's Choice Quilters-Canton Area
*Ladies of the Lake Quilters-Peru/Rumford/Dixfield Area
*Lisbon Krazy Kwilters-Lisbon Area
*Pine Needle Quilters-Norway/South Paris Area
*Scraps and Patches Quilters-Poland Area
*Village Scrappers Quilters-Livermore Area


Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Vist with Country Square Quilters of North Jay/Wilton 9.8.15


 Today I spent such an enjoyable time with the very talented ladies of Country Square Quilters. Along with my normal visit, we had a scrumptious pot luck luncheon. If you have ever attended one of their Area 3 meetings, you know their talents aren't only with a needle and thread! So yummy! Hopefully I will get some of their recipes to pass along to you via the blog very soon. Thank you again, ladies, for your kindness and hospitality. 

Since I missed the show and tell (they had their regular business meeting prior to my arrival), I mentioned about my hexie swaps and one of the ladies pulled out of her bag--a hexie quilt! It's so bright and cheery and I especially love the color of the border.



Do you remember the funky chicken blocks from last fall's Area 3 meeting  hosted by Country Aire Quilters of Turner? Well, they have all come to roost in a colorful quilt. Doesn't it make you just smile?



Country Square Quilters plan their year's events and next meeting they will be making a roll-up checkerboard and matching checker bag. Carol Boynton will be sharing her tips for this welcomed gift.



Colette shared with me a story about an orphan quilt block. You might find this a fun project for your chapter:
"Last December, our Christmas Party got cancelled due to the weather and postponed until January to welcome the New Year.  

With hats and horns and bright New Year’s decorations, each member had brought a brown bag containing an “orphan” block (left over from some other project). The bags were placed randomly on the tables. As we marched around the tables, musical chair fashion, Sharon Huff picked the moment to blow a horn and everyone chose a bag from which she must now plan a project to include the orphan block.  These were to be completed for our last meeting on May 26th. Here is a photo of their completed projects...


When I arrived at the meeting, I was given a torn-off section of a playing card--9 of diamonds to be exact. At the end of the meeting, there was a drawing and guess who won? Yes, me! And my prize was the table decoration--Mr. Scarecrow. Thrilled beyond words, I claimed my prize. And my new man was strapped into the front seat of my car, much to the delight of the many road construction workers on the way home. Now he has a new place in the garden!



Pretty good looking, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment