Area 3 Chapters

Area 3 Chapters in the beautiful state of Maine:


*Bog Hoot Quilters-Mechanic Falls area
*Chickadee Quilters-Bridgton Area
*Classic Quilters of Lewiston-Auburn Area
*Country Aire Quilters-Turner Area
*Country Square Quilters-North Jay/Wilton Area
*Cross Country Quilters-Bethel Area
*Grammy's Choice Quilters-Canton Area
*Ladies of the Lake Quilters-Peru/Rumford/Dixfield Area
*Lisbon Krazy Kwilters-Lisbon Area
*Pine Needle Quilters-Norway/South Paris Area
*Scraps and Patches Quilters-Poland Area
*Village Scrappers Quilters-Livermore Area


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Fun In The Sun" Luncheon

Village Scrappers of Livermore host a yearly July luncheon and invite Country Square Quilters of North Jay/Wilton to join in the fun! I was delighted when VS invited me to their event and asked me to speak on quilting tips. I brought along a "Quilt-opoly" game for a special "thank you for having me" drawing and the lucky winner was Marie Hodgdon of CSQ.

In previous years, the theme has been "Christmas in July", but for a change in pace this year's theme was a beach party. Two attendees took the theme to heart and came to the event wearing their bathing suits (they declined photos!).

The tables were decorated with tablecloths and buckets of beach toys. What fun to find a bottle of bubbles in front of each place setting! A nearby table is laden with door prizes for the drawings, but first, show and tell is sprinkled in between to keep us focused. I'm constantly amazed at the talent of the ladies as they share their latest projects and the "stories behind the quilt."

As our stomachs begin to grumble, lunch is served. But this lunch is different than any I have seen. You come to the table and grab a brown paper sack and from the baskets you can pick your favorite sandwich (I couldn't resist the PB & J), chips, fruit and dessert. Grab a drink and you have your own picnic lunch! Bowls of fresh cut watermelon, pickles and olives are on each table. All we were missing was the sand and the water!

After our filling lunch and some chatting, we get back to our show and tell. While summer is supposed to be a time to sit back and relax, I find it hard to do as my creative juices are flowing and anxious to tackle a new project with some of the ideas I have seen today. For a photo album of of this event, you can click here.

It was fun to sit and share with the ladies and I would like to thank each and everyone of them for not only their hospitality, but for their friendship. As a thank you to me for speaking, I was given a sandal-shaped serving dish, various fat quarters and some other treats. With company and work, I put aside my gift in my tote bag until just today and found a small white envelope tucked underneath containing a JoAnn gift card! You ladies are just TOO much! While this gift was unnecessary, it is very much appreciated. It will be used to purchase batting for my charity quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment